Southern Virginia University’s Office of Admissions is seeking a motivated Admissions
Counselor to help recruit new students and guide them through the admissions process.
- $40,000–50,000 starting salary (based on experience)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Aptitude for relationship building
- Ability to meet strict goals and deadlines
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented
- High levels of empathy and social intelligence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Superb judgment and decision-making ability
- Record of work ethic and motivated self-direction
- Work effectively with a variety of personalities and perspectives
- Master’s degree
- Background in college admissions, sales, or related field
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Recruit new, transfer, and readmitted students to the University
- Build and nurture relationships with prospective students and parents
- Collect all required documentation from incoming students for matriculation
- Communicate frequently with leads via multiple channels (email, phone, text)
- Conduct information sessions and campus tours for visiting students and parents
- Develop robust knowledge of the University’s messaging and various offerings, processes
- Evaluate admissions applications and make acceptance decisions on behalf of the University
- Inform accepted students of institutional financial awards and additional financial resources
- Maintain accurate contract and recruitment records using departmental CRM software
- Manage a recruitment list of prospective incoming and transfer students
- Travel seasonally for college fairs and other recruitment events
- Represent the University and its Mission to Gather. Lift. Launch.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions
About Southern Virginia University
Established in 1996, Southern Virginia University is a private, self-reliant, four-year residential university aligned with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its principles and values. Our mission is to gather faithful Latter-day Saints and like-minded students, lift them in
intellect, character, and spirituality, and launch them into successful lives and careers.
Nestled in the foothills of Virginia’s Blue Ridge Mountains at the southern end of the idyllic Shenandoah Valley, our quaint campus is home to more than 1,000 students who live by a Code of Conduct based on the Teachings of the Restored Church of Jesus Christ. We welcome all applicants who will sincerely strive to live by and support our standards. Learn more at svu.edu.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to Human Resources at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled.
Southern Virginia University is an equal opportunity employer. This document provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job, and the general nature and level of work associated therewith. It should not be interpreted as describing all duties related to
this position, nor used to limit the nature and extent of assignments given to an employee.