Southern Virginia University invites qualified individuals to apply for full-time employment as a software developer on the information technology team.
Software developers report to the Director of Information Technology and are responsible for designing and developing on-premises and Cloud-based applications, processes, and micro-services.
- Develop micro-services utilizing AWS and Azure.
- Create real-time integrations between third-party, cloud-based applications and on-premise SQL Server databases.
- Create user stories.
- Analyze and automate business processes and workflows.
- Assist the Director of Information Technology in keeping the university current with technology and best practice software development techniques.
- Document business processes, translation maps, and workflows.
- Work with third-party vendors for issue resolution.
- Perform these and other duties as assigned.
- Ability in Python, C#, and JQuery.
- Knowledge of SQL Server and No-SQL Data repositories.
- Knowledge of application, micro-service and process development in AWS or AZURE.
- Knowledge of real-time messaging patterns and practices.
- Knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services.
- Knowledge of automated unit and integrated testing.
- Familiarity working with third-party webhooks and API.
- Familiarity working with data warehouses.
- Familiarity with the Blue/Green DevOps Pattern.
- Familiarity with code refactoring.
- Familiarity with Docker and deploying containers.
- Familiarity with GIT.
- Familiarity with VS Code and Visual Studio.
- Knowledge of AGILE Development patterns and S.O.L.I.D. design principles.
- Experience working with Product Backlogs.
- Ability to work on a SCRUM team, with an understanding of the Product Owner, Scrum Master, and Developers roles.
- Ability to act as a team mentor.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work under pressure in handling multiple tasks, deadlines, and directives.
- Ability to use discretion and independent judgment to resolve issues and make sound decisions.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to resolve problems, issues, concerns in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Southern Virginia is an equal opportunity employer. Review of applications will begin immediately. To be given full consideration, applications should be submitted as soon as possible. Completed applications will include a cover letter and resume. These materials should be submitted electronically to email@example.com.