Southern Virginia University invites qualified individuals to apply for full-time employment as the University’s Senior Accountant.
Southern Virginia University is seeking for a Senior Accountant to facilitate daily business office operations. This position reports to the Controller.
- Proactively engage in day-to-day business office operations including bank reconciliations, vendor payments, purchasing activities, and data entry;
- Prepare and maintain monthly university financial statements;
- Assist with the management of the University budget, including preparation of monthly budget/actual reports;
- Analyze complex financial reports and makes corresponding recommendations;
- Assist with preparation of financial audit and other internal/external financial reports;
- Assist with insurance evaluation and renewal process;
- Maintain familiarity with GAAP and FASB standards;
- Support the University’s mission;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Math, Business Administration or related field required (Master’s degree preferred)
3+ years’ of accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- Strong Excel experience
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
How to Apply
Southern Virginia is an equal opportunity employer. Review of applications will begin immediately. To be given full consideration, please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com.