Southern Virginia University invites qualified individuals to apply for full-time employment as a junior system operations technician in the information technology team.
System operations technicians reports to the director of information technology and are responsible for designing and developing on-premise and Cloud-based automation scripts for macOS, and Windows environments.
- Develop scripts in PowerShell, Xcode or jQuery
- Configure and support macOS and iOS devices
- Configure and support Windows-based computers, servers, and virtual environments
- Assist in the analysis and automation of deployment scripts and workflows
- Assist the Director of Information Technology in keeping the University current with technology and best practice security and script automation techniques
- Document automated script processes
- Work with third-party vendors for issue resolution
- JAMF Administration
- Asset Inventory Management
- Perform these and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of PowerShell or Xcode or jQuery
- Knowledge of iOS operating system
- Knowledge of macOS or Windows 10
- Familiarity working with third-party webhooks and API, helpdesk support software, script refactoring, GIT, VS Code or Azure Data
- Ability to act as a mentor to student interns
- Ability to work under pressure in handling multiple tasks, deadlines, and directives
- Ability to use discretion and independent judgment to resolve issues and make sound decisions
- Strong customer service skills and ability to resolve problems, issues, concerns in a professional and appropriate manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Southern Virginia is an equal opportunity employer. Review of applications will begin immediately. To be given full consideration, applications should be submitted as soon as possible. Completed applications will include a cover letter and resume. These materials should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.