Southern Virginia University invites qualified individuals to apply for full-time employment as a financial services associate in the student financial services team.
Financial services associates report to the executive director of financial services and are responsible for assisting students with financial aid and student accounts.
- Provides information and assistance to students with obtaining and processing financial aid
- Assists students with payments to the University
- Answers phone calls, emails, and other inquiries; assists customers in person
- Receives, reviews, and verifies content of financial aid applications and support documents and follows up on missing information
- Leads and serves the University and its students by example in supporting the University’s mission
- Performs these and other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work under pressure in handling multiple tasks, deadlines, and directives
- Ability to use discretion and independent judgment to resolve issues and make sound decisions
- Strong customer service skills and ability to resolve problems, issues, concerns in a professional and appropriate manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Southern Virginia is an equal opportunity employer. Review of applications will begin immediately. To be given full consideration, applications should be submitted as soon as possible. Completed applications will include a cover letter and resume. These materials should be submitted electronically to email@example.com.