Update: Campus Check-out Procedures
March 13, 2020, 6:00 p.m.
Thank you all for your calm and compassionate support of one another as you respond to the guidance we received last night from President Wilcox regarding the University’s Response to COVID-19. As you make travel arrangements and begin to leave campus in the coming days, please follow the procedures outlined below for checking out by March 31.
Campus Check-out Procedures
- Academic Check-out with the Registrar: All students should provide the Registrar with their contact information—including primary physical address, phone number, and date of departure if leaving the area—by emailing the University Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Campus Housing Check-out with RA’s: All students in campus housing should check-out with their Resident Advisor or Quinn Skouson before leaving campus. For individual questions about checking-out from campus housing, please email email@example.com.
- Non-campus Housing Checkout: Students who live off-campus should coordinate with their landlord regarding their respective contractual obligations. For individual questions about off-campus housing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal Storage: Because campus housing and facilities have been reserved for summer events, the University will not be able to store personal items. We encourage students with storage needs to seek third-party solutions, some of which may be found on the Buy/Sell feature of the Knight App. Campus housing should be cleaned and emptied by March 31.
- Airport Shuttles: To schedule an airport shuttle to Charlottesville or Roanoke, please email housing at email@example.com.
- iPads: To facilitate the migration to online classes, we invite students to keep their iPad bundles through the end of the Spring Semester. Students returning in the fall may keep their iPads through the summer. The University will contact students not registered for fall to arrange return shipping or purchasing options. More details will follow.
If you have any questions about these instructions or other details regarding our migration to online classes and suspension of normal campus operations, please contact me, Dean Crowther, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you again for responding to this unprecedented situation in such a calm and orderly way. We will help and support one another through this transition, and we’ll be together again soon!
Cameron Crowther, Dean of Students
Southern Virginia University