Registered guests who would like to reserve lodging in the area should visit the Lexington Lodgings Directory.
The Virginia Department of Health guidelines for commencement ceremonies do not allow groups to gather and eat together on-campus. Instead, we invite graduates and their special guests to visit the Lexington Dining Directory for local dining options.
If you would prefer to order carry-out and celebrate outdoors—the safest option—there are many beautiful picnic areas near campus.
- The Double Decker: Located above Glen Maury Park in Buena Vista, provides large covered picnic areas with scenic views of the town below
- Ben Salem Wayside: Located along the Maury river between Buena Vista and Lexington, provides outdoor bbq grills and picnic tables
- Hopkins Green: Located in the middle of historic downtown Lexington, provides picnic tables, across the street from many restaurants
- Jordan’s Point: Located in Lexington, provides picnic tables, large grass sporting field, access to river bank as well as the Woods Creek Trail
- Blue Ridge Parkway: Access point located 8 minutes from campus, scenic drive with many picnic areas throughout
- Natural Bridge State Park: Located 30 min away, provides picnic areas, walking and hiking trails, scenery includes waterfall and 215-foot naturally made limestone bridge
While you enjoy graduation weekend with your guests, there are a variety of safe ways to spend time together outdoors. With the Appalachian trail and Shenandoah National Park in our backyard, we have many fun outdoor activities in our area—and there is no better time of the year to enjoy them!
Discover the Top 10 Student-Favorite Outdoor Activities
Discover Other Recommended Hikes, Swims, and Drives