We are a private, self-reliant, residential university aligned with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its principles and values. Our mission is to gather faithful Latter-day Saints and like-minded students, lift them in intellect, character, and spirituality, and launch them into successful lives and careers.
The LaunchPad initiative is designed to lift and launch students by teaching them to master the latest technology and harness its power for good.
As a student of Southern Virginia University, I support the LaunchPad initiative and agree to use the University-issued iPad Pro, Smart Keyboard, Apple Pencil, and AirPods Pro according to the following standards:
- The LaunchPad devices are property of Southern Virginia University unless the University expressly transfers its ownership to me;
- I am welcome to use the devices for personal use, as long as such use conforms to the University’s Acceptable Use of Technology Resources Policy and is in accordance with the University’s Standards of Conduct;
- In certain circumstances, the University may need to access data on the iPad using remote management software or by requiring me to return the device to IT;
- I will do my best to utilize my iPad to enhance my educational experience and agree to use the iPad as instructed in individual courses or University programs;
- I will carefully protect the LaunchPad devices from damage or loss. The cost of repairs or replacement may be billed to me in accordance with University policy.