1. Date and Place Approval
All reservation requests will be considered tentative until officially approved. Do not make commitments, contractual promises or do any planning until approved.
You can make a request for facility use through the Space Request form.
The Scheduling Coordinator will contact you regarding the status of your request. If approved, a meeting will be scheduled.
2. What to Know Before the Meeting
The summer calendar is generally set at least six months in advance for major events such as conferences and workshops. Summer events and workshops will always be held in tandem with Southern Virginia summer school sessions.
- Weddings with catering orders including a wedding cake must be scheduled at least two months in advance.
- Other events such as one-day events, banquets, events with over 100 people expected in attendance must be scheduled six weeks in advance.
- Catering orders with expected attendance of 100 people or less must be scheduled 14 days in advance.
- The Events Office will coordinate your event with other departments. They are not the event planners. Please plan on having adequate friends or volunteers to help you plan and carry-out your event. For on-campus events, campus honor societies, campus volunteers, and service classes might be able to help you.
3. Meeting With the Office of Scheduling & Special Events
You must decide on one person as the point of contact for your event
Please bring to the meeting:
- Realistic budget for catering your event
- Preliminary date and time
- Preferred space for your event
- Set-up configuration you would like in your space
- Menu ideas (please come prepared)
- Housing needs and number of estimated audience (for workshops/conferences only)
- If you are planning on an outdoor wedding, you will need to think of an alternate campus location for your “rain plan”.
- If you would like to hold the space and the date, you will be expected to pay a 50 percent deposit.
4. Catering & Menu Selection
The scheduling coordinator will submit your preliminary menu ideas to the catering manager (please do not contact SVU Catering yourself). The catering manager will call you to conference. You must know the following:
- Menu suggestions
- Centerpieces, linens, china service (all cost extra)
If your event has been approved for campus housing, the Events Office will coordinate the housing plans and secure the keys for your registration. If you think you need guest VIP housing, please contact the Events Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 540-261-8487. Local lodging is found at www.lexingtonvirginia.com
If you would like to advertise your event using the Southern Virginia logo, please contact the Communications Office for permission at email@example.com or 540-261-8441. For advertising on campus, please refer to Campus Advertising.