Southern Virginia University’s Branding & Creative Office is seeking a talented and motivated full-time graphic designer. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and portfolio as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
2-3 years of work experience in graphic design or closely related field
- Excellent portfolio of design work
- Knowledge of graphic design elements and principles (typography, color, branding, etc.)
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Capacity to assess, critique, discuss and revise work in a diplomatic manner
- Ability to autonomously advance projects from initial concepts to final products
- Ability to work well with others, including coworkers and multiple university departments
- Demonstrate exceptional self-motivation and time management
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to design for University website and marketing emails
- Knowledge of front-end coding in HTML and CSS
- Familiarity working with commercial printers
- User experience expertise
- Work as part of a creative team led by the Vice President of Branding & Enrollment
- Receive and incorporate feedback and input on all projects in a professional manner
- Manage multiple projects autonomously and simultaneously to meet strict deadlines
- Design effective print and electronic marketing pieces for internal and external audiences
- Take initial concepts from brainstorming stages to completion with minimal supervision
- Design brochures, booklets, emails, flyers, posters, t-shirts and other promotional materials
- Adhere to University brand standards; help proliferate implementation of University branding
- Train small team of part-time graphic-designer interns on basic design principles
- Produce copy and content for promotional materials informed by key University messages
- Help design, improve and maintain the University website and marketing emails
- Assist with marketing efforts and social media outreach as assigned
- Edit and process photos; organize photography archives
- Bring visual unity to all University-branded materials
- Communicate with all colleagues in a courteous and respectful manner
- Provide excellent customer service for clients and University departments
- Perform other duties as assigned by Vice President of Branding & Enrollment
About Southern Virginia University
Southern Virginia is an equal opportunity employer.
Privately funded and aligned with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Southern Virginia University serves faithful and motivated young men and women wishing to gather for excellent college education in a welcoming community of peers sharing LDS values, with excellent faculty, small classes, and a faith-supportive rather than faith-disruptive environment.
Our mission is expressed in three words: Gather. Lift. Launch. We strive to gather members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and those who share Mormon values, lift them to new heights, and launch these young men and women to successful lives of leadership and service in their professions, communities and families.
To our knowledge, Southern Virginia is now the fastest-growing private residential college in the United States.
About the Branding & Creative Office
Under the direction of the Vice President of Branding & Enrollment, the Branding & Creative Office assists in the work of gathering as we strive to bring the University out of obscurity and raise awareness of its unique mission. Through excellent graphic design and creative digital content, we elevate the University’s brand with regard to key constituencies: current and prospective students, their parents, donors, and members of the Mormon community around the world.
As the creative hub of the University, our efforts overlap with and enhance the work of various offices across campus to attract, recruit, and retain students, and to fundraise.
The graphic designer will work creatively to improve the design and effectively communicate the value we deliver at every touchpoint with Southern Virginia University.