Southern Virginia University invites qualified individuals to apply for full-time employment as the University’s Director of Athletic Communications (DAC).
The DAC reports directly to the Vice President of Marketing and is responsible for the communication and dissemination of information about the Southern Virginia University’s 22 NCAA Division III athletic teams. This position also serves as the institutional media representative for the athletics department.
- Communicate accurate and relevant information about Southern Virginia athletics to the public, media, NCAA and conference affiliates
- Keep accurate statistical information of each home athletic conference, in compliance with NCAA and conference requirements
- Write and distribute AP-style previews, recaps, and feature stories about athletics program
- Administer athletic news, publications, social media and website (athletics.svu.edu)
- Ensures accuracy of all athletic information (i.e. schedules, rosters, statistics, and news releases)
- Manage content on athletics.svu.edu, official social media accounts, and live broadcasts
- Supervise team of student employees and workers to assist with above duties
- Serve as primary media contact for all 22 NCAA sponsored sports
- Work long hours, including nights and some weekends
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s desired
- Excellent written (AP style) and oral communication skills
- Three-years experience in sports information and/or sports media
- Experience with athletic statistics software (i.e. The Automated Scorebook: StatCrew)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop)
- Familiarity with NCAA regulations, requirements, and reporting systems
- Willing to live the University’s Code of Honor based on LDS values
Southern Virginia is an equal opportunity employer. Review of applications will begin immediately. To be given full consideration, applications should be submitted as soon as possible. Completed applications will include a cover letter, resume, and three professional references. These materials should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.