Southern Virginia University invites qualified individuals to apply for full-time employment as the University’s café manager.
The café manager reports directly to the director of auxiliary services and is responsible for the overall operations of the café including the hiring and supervision of student employees.
- Hire, train, and supervise student employees to ensure high quality customer service and overall efficiency
- Oversee cash accounting and other related procedures
- Maintain accurate accounting of café inventory
- Ensure that internal procedures and governmental regulations are adhered to relative to food quality and safety
- Work with regulators during inspections
- Make food and supply orders with vendors
- Contribute to café marketing strategies and assist in their execution
- Leads and serves the University and the staff by example in supporting the University’s mission
- Performs other duties as may be assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years of food service experience or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Must have ability to left at least 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment
Southern Virginia is an equal opportunity employer. Review of applications will begin immediately. To be given full consideration, applications should be submitted as soon as possible. Completed applications will include a cover letter and resume. These materials should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.