Southern Virginia University invites qualified individuals to apply for part-time employment as a Bus Driver in the Athletics Department. Pay will be $12/hour
The Bus Driver transports student and athletes to various sporting events and other destinations.
- Is responsible for arriving prior to all scheduled away trips.
- Provide a pre-trip inspection of the vehicle prior to departure to ensure that to the best of their knowledge the vehicle is in working condition to transport teams safely.
- Operate the vehicle in a safe manner and transport teams to and from away contests and events.
- During overnight stays, the driver is expected to remain with the team and provide any transportation in the locale of the hotel that may be needed.
- Will remain on campus where a team may be competing for the duration of the event.
- High school graduate or GED
- CDL Class A, B or C driver’s license with Passenger and School Bus endorsements. Willing to help get this endorsement.
- Valid DOT Medical Card
- Clean driving record
- Ability to pass criminal and DMV check upon hire
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Customer service oriented and professional
- Reliable transportation to get to work on a daily basis
- Pre-employment and random drug tests
Southern Virginia is an equal opportunity employer. Review of applications will begin immediately. To be given full consideration, applications should be submitted as soon as possible. Completed applications will include a cover letter, resume and letters of recommendation and/or professional references. These materials should be submitted (preferably electronically) to:
Office of Human Resources
Southern Virginia University
One University Hill Drive
Buena Vista, VA 24416
or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If interested in applying, contact Brennan Hand by email, or by phone at 540-261-8507