Southern Virginia University, an NCAA Division III member of the Capital Athletic Conference, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Softball Coach. This position reports to the Head Softball Coach.
- Responsible for recruiting members of the Softball team
- Managing the team budget
- Scheduling and coordinating practices and games including preparation for these activities
- Organizing and running summer camps
- Ensures compliance with Title IX and NCAA rules and regulations as well as University policies and procedures
- Works with players to ensure their success both on and off the field and in and out of the classroom
- Leads and serves the University and the staff by example in supporting the mission, rules, and policies of the University, as well as in their work ethic and overall job performance
- Performs other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- Prior coaching experience preferred
- A valid Virginia driver’s license
Southern Virginia University is an equal opportunity employer. Review of applications will begin immediately. Completed applications will include a cover letter, resume, and letters of recommendation or professional references and should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.