Employment Status: Full-time, salaried
The assistant director of financial services provides solutions to assist students and their families pay for their undergraduate education at Southern Virginia University and assists the director in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the department including evaluating pertinent information and data. This person must provide exceptional customer service, serve as a team leader in the department, and administer financial aid according to applicable regulations, policies, and/or guidelines.
- Assist new, current and re-entry students in applying for and securing funding to cover educational expenses
- Manage institutional scholarship funds
- Provide responsible debt management counseling to students
- Collaborate on recruitment and retention efforts with other campus departments
- Assists the director in leading the financial services team and oversees the day-to-day operations of the department
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Effective communication skills
- Organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Multi-task successfully and have strong time management skills
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willing to work evenings and weekends at different times of the year in order to be available to support the needs of prospective/current students and parents
- Ideal candidate would have prior experience in financial aid as well as possess strong counseling and customer service skills
- Must successfully pass a complete background check including a financial credit check
Southern Virginia is an equal opportunity employer. Review of applications will begin immediately. To be given full consideration, applications should be submitted as soon as possible. Completed applications will include a cover letter, resume, and three professional references. These materials should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.