Southern Virginia University invites qualified individuals to apply for full-time employment as the University’s Accounts payable Coordinator.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator executes all Accounts Payable functions involved in managing and processing accurate and timely payment of university accounts.
- Ensure that invoices have correct PO number; reviews & audits invoices and other claims generated by various departments; ensures accurate input and posting of invoices and credit cards.
- Monitor accounts payable vendors for proper authorization and accurate data.
- Run weekly reports of payments to be issued, matches invoices to payment information, mail vendor checks and file check copies with invoices for auditors.
- Work with vendors to resolves disputes of any credits due and outstanding balances.
- Answers questions arising from vendors related to requisitions, invoices or purchase orders.
- Input requisitions for all monthly recurring invoices into purchasing module.
- Prepare 1099, W-9 forms for vendors and maintains files.
- Track use of all university payment cards.
- Deliver utilities statements to Accounts Receivable Supervisor for all volunteers who live on university property on monthly basis.
- Update monthly utility spreadsheets for gas, water and electricity in individual unit usage, maintains, updates and e-mails comparison spreadsheets to appropriate university departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Two to four years of experience in an accounting or accounts payable office.
Southern Virginia is an equal opportunity employer. Review of applications will begin immediately. To be given full consideration, applications should be submitted as soon as possible. Completed applications will include a cover letter, resume and letters of recommendation and/or professional references. These materials should be submitted (preferably electronically) to:
Office of Human Resources
Southern Virginia University
One University Hill Drive
Buena Vista, VA 24416
or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.