Once your application is accepted, enrollment involves two simple processes: registration and making financial arrangements.
Register for Classes
- Pay the registration deposit — deposits are non-refundable after May 1
Complete the Registration Questionnaire — we will use the information you provide to place you in a learning community consisting of three core courses (eight credit hours)
- Once you’re placed in a learning community, the Office of the Registrar will contact you to help you select your remaining courses
If you have questions, contact the Registrar’s Office at 540-261-8408 or email@example.com.
Register for Housing
- Complete the Housing Application on mysvu.
- If you meet the necessary criteria and plan to live off-campus, notify the Housing Office of the address where you will be living to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For housing questions, contact our Housing representative at 540-261-8458, email email@example.com or stop by the Office of Financial Services.
Register for Institute
- Go to the Buena Vista Institute of Religion website
- Click on “Find a Class”
- Find a class (or two) that fits your schedule and fill out the registration information
Submit Required Forms
- Student Health History (PDF)
- Submit your final official high school or college transcript
Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Complete the FAFSA and send the results to Southern Virginia University
- Once your FAFSA is received, the Office of Student Financial Services will send you an Award Letter
- Sign the Award letter and return it to Student Financial Services
- Find scholarships and aid for which you qualify
For any financial aid questions (loans, FAFSA, scholarships, etc.), contact Student Financial Services at 540-261-8405 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choose a Meal Plan
- Choose your meal plan for dining at Southern Virginia
- Pay for your meal plan online
- Know all the course codes for your classes (e.g. ENG 120 02 – English, course number 120, section number 02)
- Go to the textbooks and course materials page on the bookstore website
- Select the course codes for each of your classes to find the books you need
- You can order your books from the bookstore and have them waiting for you when you get to campus, or you can find them elsewhere online.
Please note: If you choose to order your books separately, make sure to get the correct edition, which is easy to do if you search using the textbook’s ISBN number.
Pay Tuition and Fees
- Make final financial arrangements with Financial Services
- Log onto mysvu using your Student ID and PIN
- Under the Finances tab, review tuition and fees and make necessary payments
If you have a car, register it with the Office of Public Safety and Security. Once you have registered, a parking decal will be sent to your student mail box, or made available for pickup at the Office of Public Safety and Security.
If you want to mail a large package before you arrive on campus, then just ship it to the following address:
One University Hill Drive
Buena Vista, VA 24416
Be sure to call the Mail Center at 540-261-4336 to let the representative know the package is coming. If the Mail Center has not been notified that the package should be held for you, your package may be returned to the sender.
Depending on where you live during the school year, you will either be assigned a campus box or have mail sent directly to your building. To set up your campus box early, call the Mail Center at 540-261-4336.